CommonHealth ACTION seeks to invest in a dynamic and energetic Intern who will support its expanding program portfolio including but not limited to: support for the implementation of leadership institutes, support for the development and expansion of the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Training Institute; implementation of technical assistance; and engagement in organizational advancement initiatives.
The Intern will provide research and support for projects and programs for diverse clients with whom we work to map, make, manage, measure, and master change. Primary research areas may include: diversity and inclusion; cultural competence, education, policy development; anti-racism; team building; and other topics as needed. This position requires analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills as well as the ability to exercise discretion, independent thinking, and focused attention to detail.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Undergraduate (upperclassmen), recent graduate, or graduate student seeking a degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Education, Social Work, Community Psychology, or a related field.
- Available for part-time schedule between the hours of 9:00 am – 6:00 pm. It is anticipated that the Intern will be able to work up to 20 hours/week.
- Demonstrates strong research, communication, analytical, writing, and problem solving skills;
- Has a basic understanding of equity and specific equity areas such as health, education, & other areas; and social determinants of equity & inequity.
- Reflects a clear passion for working on issues of equity, social justice, and community change through adult learning and perspective transformation;
- Has experience working in a team environment; and
- Demonstrates ability and eagerness to learn new & critical skills.
Intern will work at the CommonHealth ACTION offices in Washington, DC.
Length of Internship: June – August 2017 (approximately 13 weeks), approximately 20 hours per week with the possibility to extend beyond, hours negotiable.
- Cover Letter
- Resume reflecting educational and professional experience
- Note: Candidates who are selected for interviews will be asked to provide contact information for two references from academic, professional, and/or community representatives.
- Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm on May 1, 2017.
- Interviews will be conducted in early-to-mid May at the CommonHealth ACTION DC office.
- Applicants may be asked to produce a short writing sample during the interview.
- Target date for final selection is late May.