The Development Intern is responsible for supporting fundraising operations for NVLSP, reporting to the Director of Development. We’re seeking an entrepreneurial, self-directed team player committed to NVLSP’s mission. The Development Intern supports all administrative operations and helps execute the annual development plan in conjunction with the Director of Development. She/he provides administrative support for the fundraising initiatives, including appeals, annual fundraising events, grants and donor stewardship.
II. Public Relations and Social Media:
• Assist in editing the NVLSP online newsletter with the Development team.
• Assist in editing brochures, annual reports, etc. as needed.
• Research relevant news items, and help manage NVLSP’s social media profile on Twitter and Facebook.
III. Special Events:
• Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events.
• Provide support to committees and volunteers as needed for special events or other development activities.
• Oversee the recruitment and coordination of all event volunteers.
• Works with the Director of Development, Board of Directors and staff to assist in all special events as assigned.
• Assist in the preparation of acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Help conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and individual donors.
• Assist in production and mailing of fundraising appeal letters.
• Proof/edit all correspondence, letters, proposals etc. as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
• Exemplary written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and time-management skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Stipend Available: $1,000-$2,000 subject to evaluations
Please email cover letter and resume to Personnel@nvlsp.org, and reference “Development Intern” in the subject line. No calls please.