Manager, State Government Affairs
Healthcare Distribution Alliance (HDA), representing the nation's primary pharmaceutical distributors, seeks a full-time manager to research, analyze, monitor and report on state legislative and regulatory activities for full-service healthcare distributors. This position will assist in research pertaining to position statements, legislative testimony, regulatory comments and coordination of state grassroots efforts.
- Identify and analyze state legislative/regulatory initiatives that are of interest to HDA membership and other pertinent stakeholders (e.g., manufacturers, pharmacies). Provide recommendations as to priority of state initiatives.
- Attend/monitor legislative and regulatory oversight hearings and provide detailed summary analysis of discussions regarding HDA issues of interest.
- Regularly assist with direct lobbying efforts and support such activities as necessary.
- Oversee HDA state government affairs grassroots outreach efforts.
- Work with VP SGA to draft new, update existing and expand upon HDA background documents and position statements.
- Maintain and regularly update SGA information to HDA website on a timely basis and ensure information is current and a benefit to HDA membership.
- Regularly draft articles for HDA Weekly Digest on priority issues of interest.
- Assist the VP with the management of the SGA Committee and any pertinent workgroups/taskforces. Work with Sr. Administrator to ensure the regular scheduling of conference calls, timely dissemination of meeting agendas, draft minutes and maintenance of committee and workgroup rosters.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in political science, public policy or related field.
- Two to four years legislative/regulatory or industry specific experience.
- Prior analysis of state legislation and regulations experience preferred.
- Ability to conduct individual research and analyze complex issues.
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Understanding of healthcare and/or pharmaceutical/pharmacy issues strongly preferred.
- Some travel required (at times with very short notice).
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position and salary requirements, along with your resume, to HRQ3@hda.org.