WUSA9, the TEGNA station in Washington, DC is looking for a detailed oriented information specialist to join our team. Ideal candidates should be ambitious self-starters with an aptitude for research and story development. The position calls for deep research dives into story tips, enterprise content, issues, and events, with the purpose of developing exclusive content. Researchers will be expected to provide information for a day of stories as well as longer-term investigations.
In addition, candidates should be willing and able to write and present information for both digital and television distribution related to the research they have done.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong research and writing skills
- an insatiable curiosity about news and information
- The ability to work independently and at a fast pace
- Strong familiarity with SEO and AP style
- Experience using datacases, CMS, Excel, and Social Media for info gathering
- Good communication skills.
TEGNA, Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.