Goodwill Industries International, Inc. is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Senior Specialist, Government Relations.
1. Lead GII engagement on public policy and advocacy issues important to Goodwill including but not limited to budget and appropriations, workforce development and job training, education, and special populations.
2. Collaborate with the GII team to connect with key leaders and coalitions to advance Goodwill priorities.
3. Collaborate to effectively engage and support autonomous local Goodwill member organizations.
A. Represent Goodwill with Members of Congress, the Administration, Hill staff, federal departments and other national organizations to advance GII’s policy priorities.
B. Collaborate to develop and implement strategies to increase Goodwill’s visibility among policymakers and stakeholders and build relationships with the same.
C. Monitor and recommend appropriate responses to legislative and regulatory developments that have implications for autonomous local Goodwill organizations and the people they serve.
D. Contribute to the development of Goodwill’s legislative agenda and policy priorities.
E. Work with GII team to draft legislative analysis, position statements, white papers, letters to the Hill and the Administration, testimony, reports, articles, fact sheets, issue briefs and other resources.
F. Support Senior Director with Public Policy Committee materials development and refinement.
G. Analyze policy, legislative and regulatory developments to engage and support local Goodwill leaders through vehicles such as MyGoodwill, blogs, webinars, articles, presentations and other means.
H. Collaborate in planning and implementing Goodwill learning events and other sessions.
I. If necessary, file personal semi-annual LD 203 regarding contributions to government officials.
J. Engage in other duties as needed to advance Goodwill priorities.
1. Internal: Work closely with GII team members to receive and share information and input.
2. Goodwill Members: Work closely with local Goodwill organization representatives to receive and share information and input.
3. Outside: Engage with public and other entities to build relationships and advance Goodwill priorities. Engage with external coalitions to support Goodwill’s priorities.
4. Government Officials: Represent GII with elected and appointment government officials. Consistently engage with Hill staff to build relationships and advance Goodwill priorities.
A. Knowledge of state and federal legislative and regulatory processes.
B. Excellent written, electronic and oral communication skills.
C. Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
D. Ability to work collaboratively with GII team members, representatives of Goodwill member organizations and representatives of outside organizations.
E. Ability to initiate, develop and implement legislative and grassroots mobilization strategies, particularly using social and other digital media.
F. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while delivering on-time with high quality.