Senior Research Assistants/Research Analysts
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks two qualified candidates to serve as Senior Research Assistants/Research Analysts in its Poverty, Health and Nutrition Division (PHND). The successful candidates will work on several research projects, including impact evaluation projects involving household survey data collection and analysis. This is a two-year, exempt, fixed-term, renewable appointment based in Washington, DC, with travel overseas. Final position title will be based on experience.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organization, cleaning, manipulation and analysis of large household data sets
- Assisting with the development and implementation of quantitative surveys in developing countries, including questionnaire development, field team training and development of software applications for recording interview responses on tablet computers
- Preparing of tables and graphs for reports
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals, project deliverables, briefs and papers
- Other duties as assigned which may include literature reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Nutrition, Epidemiology or equivalent plus 2 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Public Policy, Nutrition, Epidemiology or equivalent
- At the Research Analyst level, minimum of 3 years relevant, post-Master’s work experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with large quantitative data sets (data cleaning, management, analysis, etc.)
- Advanced STATA skills, including programming
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas
- Fluency in one other language
- Experience with data entry and CAPI software packages (CSPro, Surveybe, Epi Info, etc)
- Knowledge of regression methods
- Demonstrated strong writing skills
- Training and experience in methods for designing and conducting causal impact evaluations, including randomized controlled trials (RCT), and other methods
- Experience in survey design, questionnaire design, and conducting and supervising household surveys in developing countries; field experience related to gender, nutrition and agriculture.
- Experience working in developing countries