Annual Giving Manager
The Annual Giving department of the Advancement Division includes Membership and Mid-level Giving, Donor Services, and Stewardship. The Senior Manager of Annual Giving is responsible for managing all aspects of the National Trust’s mid-level giving program, the President’s Circle, which consists of individuals giving at the $1,000 - $9,999 level.
The Manager of Annual Giving will work with the Vice President to help develop and implement strategies for substantial program growth, high touch cultivation and stewardship, and upgrading of mid-level donors. This position will also be responsible for bridging mid-level giving and major giving programs at the Trust, working collaboratively with colleagues in the Philanthropy Department to further the overall fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Working with the Vice President of Annual Giving, help develop and execute strategies to further the growth of the President’s Circle program.
- Establish membership and unrestricted annual revenue goals for mid-level program in consultation with the Vice President of Annual Giving.
- Develop and oversee the revenue and expense budgets for the President’s Circle program, ensuring all growth targets are met and expenses are within budget.
- Develop, monitor and distribute direct marketing results for all President’s Circle efforts. Ensure that the results are in line with projections and recommend adjustments when appropriate.
- Help develop strategies to bring new donors into the President’s Circle and upgrade current donors into Major Giving.
- Working with VP of Annual Giving and Philanthropy team, ensure business rules are developed and managed for the migration of President’s Circle donors to Major Giving and back down to ensure seamless transition for donors.
- Cultivate and steward donors, providing an appropriate level of customized engagement.
- Ensure relevant stewardship communications are developed and delivered to donors.
- Ensure fulfillment of current President’s Circle benefits and develop and launch new benefits as deemed necessary for growth and stewardship.
- Resolve prospect management tracking issues in a timely, effective manner. Help develop and implememt processes to ensure proper coding and stewardship of donors and timely, accurate delivery of acknowledgements.
- Partner with Marketing, Philanthropy, Program, and other Annual Giving staff to ensure that all mid-level direct marketing efforts and overall communications are consistent with the organization’s preservation and messaging goals.
- Working closely with Data Analytics team develop analytics reports and data-driven recommendations to grow the donor portfolio and program revenue.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of the National Trust’s CRM database and perform database management duties as needed.
- Review regular benchmark reports on all fundraising initiatives and ensure appropriate action is taken to guarantee program is on course to meet fundraising goals.
- Continually develop professional knowledge of the fundraising industry in order to recommend new methods and ways to grow the President’s Circle program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in direct response fundraising and membership, including experience with managing large, complex projects, preferably in a national-level non-profit setting. Experience leading teams to generate high quality results strongly preferred.
- Experience managing both membership and mid-level donor programs of the size and scale described above.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, including issue identification and prioritization.
- Intermediate project-management skills, including project budgeting, staffing and planning. Ability to achieve results with general supervision.
- Experience managing internal stakeholders and relationships.
- Proven ability to collaborate across departments to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Effective presentation skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated success in marketing to and engaging culturally diverse audiences and partners.
- Proficiency with member/donor related CRM database systems (familiarity with Abila netForum and Convio Luminate a plus). Advanced proficiency with Word, Excel and other Microsoft systems required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) in business, advertising, communications, marketing or related discipline required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to: 596053-CSemail@example.com