The National Women's Law Center seeks a talented writer and communicator to raise our visibility through the written word and help make progress for women and girls. As the writer/editor, you will write high-profile media pieces such as op-eds, marketing copy, and high-level website content, and copy edit key resources.
You will help us raise our visibility and contribute to improving women’s lives in the workplace, schools, health care system; protecting reproductive rights, and protecting and expanding income supports so families can thrive by:
- Initiating ideas for increasing our visibility through the written word.
- Writing op-eds, opinion pieces, and letters-to-the-editor.
- Writing press releases across all issue and program areas.
- Writing marketing copy such as brochures and high-level web content.
- Writing annual report.
- Copy editing press releases, statements, and high-profile content for the news media such as reports and key fact sheets.
- Developing a Center style guide.
- Helping ensure consistent brand messaging across the organization.
You are an extraordinary writer who also:
- Has excellent editing skills.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Communicates in an engaging, passionate style even when writing about complicated policies or analysis.
- Has a knack for absorbing and distilling large amounts of often wonky information and conveying it in a compelling, concise, and reader-friendly way.
- Can write for different audiences and under deadline pressure.
- Enjoys working both independently and as part of team.
- Has experience writing but full-time writing experience is not required.
- Has at least two years of work experience.
How To Apply