Public Relations and Communications Internship
Brooklyn Botanic Garden seeks an enthusiastic, organized, and dedicated candidate for a Public Relations and Communications internship. Working closely with the director of Communications, the intern will learn about and engage in all aspects of communications work for a large nonprofit organization and respected cultural institution. The internship requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours a week and offers university credit and an hourly wage.
- Work closely with the director to develop and implement the Garden’s public relations strategy.
- Produce media materials, develop press lists, conduct media outreach, and develop institutional messaging.
- Help with contracts, permissions, logistics, and other preparations for photo ops and commercial shoots, as well as follow-up and results reports.
- Assist on-site with special events and film and photo shoots.
- Completion or current pursuit of bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, including professional telephone and email manner
- Energetic self-starter with positive attitude
- Some flexibility in working schedule required (occasional evenings and weekends necessary)
- Computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office suite
- Basic photo editing experience
- Basic HTML knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of New York City’s cultural landscape and media world a plus
How to Apply:
Email your résumé and cover letter, indicating reasons for interest in the position and any past or current experience that indicate a good fit, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure the position title is clearly stated in your cover letter as well as in the email’s subject line.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.