The Communications Intern is a paid position that provides an opportunity to gain significant hands-on experience in communications, social media monitoring and application, traditional media tracking and engagement, and administrative support. Gain unique insight into the strategic communications planning necessary at a women’s rights organization to effect positive change in the health and lives of women and girls worldwide.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Senior Communications Associate and Director of Communications with daily execution of communications plan, including:
● Tracking media, creating press lists, and conducting outreach to traditional media and bloggers when necessary.
● Tracking, monitoring, evaluating social media activity, and providing input on social media strategy.
● Assisting with the creation of compelling graphics optimized for social media.
● Support email and press list database maintenance.
● Supporting web site modifications, enhancements, and content updates.
● Providing administrative support for the organization, such as answering phones and general reception.
● Completing other duties as assigned.
● Pursuing or possessing a BA or BS.
● Excellent written and oral communications skills.
● Strong critical thinking and analysis abilities.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
● Background or demonstrated interest in women’s rights, reproductive and sexual health and rights, human rights and/or journalism.
● Ability to multitask and organize various projects.
● Excellent proofreading skills.
● Cultural competency and commitment to social justice.
A strong commitment to the organization’s mission and to high-level performance are essential.
● Familiarity with SalsaLabs, Blackbaud, Meltwater, HTML, Photoshop, video editing tools
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter including a summary of relevant past experience and qualifications and a current resume. Email applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please put “Communications Intern Spring 2018” in the subject line). No phone calls please.