The National Active and Retired Federal Employees Association (NARFE), a non-profit membership association of over 200,000 current and retired federal employees, is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the earned pay, retirement and health care benefits of federal employees, retirees and their survivors and providing the information and guidance needed to understand and maximize complex federal benefits. NARFE is the go-to resource for the federal community, policy makers, the media and the press on issue related to legislation and federal benefits.
We are currently seeking an Advocacy Assistant who will serve as the primary point of contact within the Advocacy department for our membership, and provide general support to the Advocacy department and its team members. Additionally, this individual will:
- Assist with creating engaging content for a variety of NARFE publications.
- Compile and distribute daily media clips of interest to NARFE members.
- Assist with the administration of the PAC.
- Assist with grassroots activities, including writing action letters to get our members mobilized.
You should have a bachelor’s degree and some internship experience with a congressional office or on a congressional campaign. You should also have:
- Strong interpersonal communication and strong writing skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Knowledge of the concepts and principals of the legislative and political process.
- Strong attention to detail.
Our office is conveniently located near Braddock Road metro station in Old Town, Alexandria. We provide our employees with a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, 401(k), transit/parking, flexible spending accounts, 10 paid holidays, 15 days of vacation and 10 days of sick leave.
Come join NARFE and help us protect the earned rights and benefits of our federal employees. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. NARFE is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.