Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) seeks an aggressive, detail-oriented research associate. As a nonpartisan nonprofit government watchdog, CREW is dedicated to rooting out government corruption and fighting the influence of money in politics through legal action and bold communications grounded by in-depth research. From tracking conflicts of interest in the executive branch to combing through campaign finance reports to identify potential violations, CREW’s research team is busier than ever. The ideal candidate will be able to make an immediate impact fighting for an ethical, accountable government.
- Research/Investigation: Researchers exhaustively research and investigate government corruption, including reviewing and analyzing government documents, news reports, databases, public information, and other resources.
- Synthesis: Researchers synthesize information into accurate, concisely written products, and create databases and other online resources for public use.
- Content Production: Researchers draft blog posts and short reports.
- Generating Ideas: Researchers generate innovative project ideas and investigative report proposals.
- Team Support: Researchers collect news clips to distribute internally, fact check blog posts, graphics, and reports, and work with the legal team on preparing lawsuits as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, or related field
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Excellent writing, editing, and fact-checking skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Must work well under pressure, adapt to changing situations, and prioritize numerous projects and tasks
- Must be a self-starter who can recognize emerging trends and generate creative content ideas
- Journalism experience a plus.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and “Research Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please. We are only able to respond to candidates we are contacting for an interview. CREW is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our workplace and in our work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.