New York NY
Little Bee Books and Yellow Jacket, imprints of Bonnier Publishing USA, is seeking an organized, energetic, and eager senior editor to work with the Publisher to create and grow a well-rounded and successful children's list.
We are in need of an individual who can handle a title load of at least 25 titles per year (picture books, activity books, board books, chapter books, nonfiction titles, and novels), along with all of the accompanying paperwork. Responsibilities would include overseeing all stages of the book process, from acquisition of a title through its bound book stage—as well as handling negotiations, contracts, and payments for licensors, authors, and illustrators.
A role at Bonnier Publishing is an opportunity to be a part of a different story. There are no other major publishers like us. Everything we do is underpinned by our group values; we live and breathe them in everything we do.
What You'll be Doing:
- Independently editing at least 25 titles per year for children ages 0-12, including picture books, nonfiction books, novelty formats, media tie-ins, activity books, board books, and middle grade books
- Efficiently managing paperwork, which includes running P & Ls, generating contracts, processing payments, writing tip sheets and catalog copy
- Providing backup support to the Publisher as needed
- Reading, evaluating, and editing manuscripts submitted for publication, and conferring with Publisher on direction
- Working closely with Editorial, Production, and Design staff in the US, UK, France, and Australia to ensure that books are delivered in a timely manner to distributor’s warehouse
- Contributing creatively to each list, seeking acquisitions and taking part in creative brainstorming session
What You'll Bring to the Table:
- At least seven years’ experience in children’s editorial.
- Developed knowledge of the North American book publishing industry and the various players in the marketplace.
- Experience with editing original books
- Strong written and communication skills
- Established relationships with licensors, authors, illustrators, and agents a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to create and maintain simple databases.
What you didn’t know about the team:
Bonnier Publishing USA is the new kid on the Bonnier Publishing block, and we're growing fast! This is your chance to get in on the ground floor of one of the most exciting opportunities in publishing worldwide.