News Producer/Digital Content Producer
ABC 13 WSET-TV has an immediate opening for a weekend evening newscast producer and weekday digital content producer. When working as a weekend evening news producer, you will determine the content and flow of newscasts and work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our website.
Newscast Producer Skills:
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Strong leadership skills
- Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Must also have strong leadership and communication skills
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
- Must be proficient with newsroom systems, such as iNews
When working as a digital content producer you will be responsible for getting breaking news and daily stories on WSET.com and our other digital properties as timely as possible.
Digital Content Producer Skills:
- The ability to edit, write, and manage news stories, photos, videos, live streaming and interactive content for all digital platforms, including WSET.com, mobile, social media and emerging technologies.
- This position will also react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately and will keep in constant communication with the Digital Content Manager and news producers as stories develop.
- You will be responsible for crafting engaging social media posts that will drive audience engagement and help bolster WSET’s digital presence.
- As the Web Producer, you will consistently look for and create a diverse range of web content from a variety of sources.
- In addition, you will work primarily with news but will also assist sales and marketing teams on additional web content needs.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of AP style is a plus.
- Computer skills and a strong understanding of web technologies.
- Professional-working knowledge of social media platforms and engagement are required.
Additional duties, as deemed appropriate for the role, to be assigned as needed.
- Journalism degree preferred
- Previous experience producing experience, for television or other digital platforms, is preferred
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
APPLY ONLINE - Tracking Code 10676
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!