Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for fostering dialog, building community and engaging with TNC’s audience through its global social media channels. He/She will manage a social media content management system, monitor social conversation for proactive opportunities to engage and coordinate responses between relevant stakeholders. The Social Media Manager is also responsible for implementing best practices and providing guidance to a community of Social Media admins throughout the TNC network. He/She will coordinate with various TNC stakeholders (policy, membership, retention, etc.) to improve a holistic cross-platform user experience/journey. Coordinates with analytics team as needed. This is a full-time position within the Global Digital team at TNC, reporting in to the Director of Digital Channel Strategy. It is located at The Nature Conservancy’s headquarters in Arlington, Virginia.
• Creates, curates, publishes and manages social media content (images, video, articles) for TNC’s global social channels
• Develops and maintains a consistent brand voice for TNC across social media platforms
• Manages the planning, editing, and publishing of social media editorial content calendars on a consistent cadence
• Monitors, listens, and responds to comments, questions and concerns with appropriate and engaging responses that adhere to brand guidelines and encourage dialog
• Manages a social media content management system for all TNC social channels
• Coordinates closely with content teams to produce compelling social-first content. Will also work closely with analytics team to coordinate social media performance in an effort to optimize performance of content
• Supports the development of paid social campaign planning
• Facilitates the execution of paid social campaigns and develops reports to show effectiveness among multiple KPIs
• Develops and maintains social media guidelines and best practices. Shares social media updates with TNC social admin community
• Develops and shares social media reports for various TNC stakeholders
• Responsibility and accountability for meeting assigned project goals and objectives
• Opportunity to act independently within program goals
• May work with vendors/other parties to execute projects/deliverables
• Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience cultivating and managing client relationships
• Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects
• Experience writing, editing and proofreading
To apply to position number 46858, please click here and submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59pm Eastern Time on September 28, 2018.