The American Association of University Women (AAUW), a gender equity advocacy organization, is one of the nation’s leading voices promoting equity and education for women and girls and empowering them to reach their highest potential. What began in 1881 as a group of 17 like-minded women has grown into a powerful grassroots network with more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and more than 800 college and university partners across the United States.
Summary Description: AAUW is seeking a talented student or graduate intern to assist in the Fellowship and Grants department. The incumbent will provide assistance with establishing programs and tools that will be used to connect current and former AAUW award recipients with one another and the larger AAUW Community, as well as support AAUW’s global programs. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, strong organizational skills, and interest in data management.
· Conduct online research to find updated information on former recipients;
· Help create stories and profiles for online and print publications highlighting alumnae accomplishments and professional progress;
· Support social media efforts to engage current recipients and alumnae;
· Assist in analyzing data collected from alumnae through online surveys, helping to determine ways to utilize information collected and measure long-term impact of AAUW's fellowships and grants programs;
· Make updates to alumnae contact information in Raiser's Edge;
· Assist Fellowships and Grants staff with projects relating to the fellowship and grant application process;
· Help organize events and webinars related to Fellowships and Grants and Global Programs;
· Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree;
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access, Excel);
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
· Available to work 18-20 hours/week;
· Excellent attention to detail;
· Great writing skills;
· Good organizational skills;
· Familiarity with social media (Twitter, LinkedIn)
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email, indicating position title (Fellowships & Grants Intern) to email@example.com.