Digital Content & Social Media Producer
Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Digital Strategy, the Digital Content & Social Media Producer is responsible for the day to day management of our social channels. These key channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram represent the core way we reach our audiences. You will work to cultivate and enhance relationships with social media audiences both organically and via paid methods. In addition, you will contribute to accurate and timely creation and delivery of web and social media content, including various enhancements such as photo galleries, timelines, infographics, interactives, and analysis of content performance, as well as assisting in the creation of future campaign strategies.
This position plays an important role in supporting an inclusive organizational culture that is grounded in trust and accountability to shared goals and outcomes. TWS has made diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic priorities for the organization and the Digital Content and Social Media Producer will integrate these priorities throughout our digital work, including customized content to lesser served communities where the messages may be in English and Spanish and other voices as needed. Ability to find creative solutions to reach emerging audiences is essential. Across our team, we aspire to be campaign oriented, nimble, collaborative, innovative, transparent, and supportive of staff – our greatest asset.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Day to day publishing to key social channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram reaching millions of followers.
- Works with the Director of Content Strategy in producing and maintaining web and editorial content for wilderness.org Opens a New Window. and related channels, including online marketing, and advocacy campaigns.
- Cultivates and identifies key influencers on our various social media platforms, engages them to increase reach, engagement and membership. Outreach includes key influencers across race, gender and non-traditional outlets.
- Create an influencer outreach program that uses digital tools to grow the profile and connections of Wilderness Society staff, spokespeople and experts.
- Engages Facebook community in key states by creating and managing local event invitations, managing RSVPs and setting up local action items and Facebook ads for state-specific needs.
- Works closely with Marketing team on Facebook ad strategy and execution, including building specialized audiences for campaigns and emerging ad techniques.
- Publishes content to wilderness.org Opens a New Window. , using the web content management system (CMS) Drupal and third-party channels.
- Manages WildAlerts, our petition platform, within Engaging Networks and Phone2Action systems and provides usage statistics and ensures petition names are properly delivered to key targets and internal staff.
- Keeps current with emerging web technologies and social media trends through relevant blogs, listservs, and events.
Experience, Competencies, and Education
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience working in web/social editorial management and content strategy.
- Experience in writing and editing social media content to attract a vast and diverse audience.
- Fluent in outreach techniques to grow social media audience via direct relationships and digital methods.
- A collaborative, self-motivated individual with the flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of assignments.
- Track record working successfully in teams representing a rich mix of talent, backgrounds, and perspectives—across race and gender.
- Enjoys interacting with a large social media audience and exploring ways to enhance and grow outreach both for advocacy and membership.
- Proficient with web content managements systems (CMS) for web publishing, specifically Drupal, Engaging Networks and Phone2Action.
- Familiarity with Sprout Social.
- Basic HTML and Adobe PhotoShop skills.
The Wilderness Society offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; sick and vacation leave; a sabbatical program; and a retirement plan. TWS is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status or sexual orientation.