Marketing and Communications Associate
The Marketing and Communications Associate is responsible for supporting marketing and communications efforts in storytelling, audience outreach, and brand management. The Marketing and Communications Associate focuses closely on communicating with a wide variety of audiences through messaging strategy and content development. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high energy environment and must be capable of switching tasks quickly and efficiently.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the legislative affairs team and other NCJW departments to conceptualize, write and produce compelling and informative collateral such as email blasts, social media, website updates, and ongoing maintenance, press releases, and flyers
- Draft, coordinate, and copy edit weekly e-newsletter
- Support social and traditional media outreach, including strategy, content development, and tracking
- Update content calendars and work alongside the rest of the Communications team to ensure the creation and scheduling of media content
- Update website copy, photos, and files
- Manage small projects with vendors, such as video production and design
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related field and/or one year of professional work experience in communications or social justice.
- Genuine passion for and understanding of the mission of NCJW
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbal and written, with a proven ability to present written information in a concise and persuasive format
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and WordPress. Working understanding of email marketing systems
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud software or other comparable design, photo and video editing software
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of EveryAction or other comparable CRM preferred
- Video skills a plus
- Experience in media relations highly desirable
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Starting salary is $50,000; comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance; generous vacation and holiday schedule.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume and cover letter with the subject line “Marketing and Communications Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCJW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to build a diverse staff. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, veterans, and members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with NCJW. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.