Government Relations Manager
Richmond or Alexandria VA
New Virginia Majority is currently seeking a Government Relations Manager to be part of their policy team. The Government Relations Manager will work with the Policy Director to build and maintain working relationships with legislative offices and administrative agencies, and remain informed of policy and legislative developments related to New Virginia Majority’s public policy agenda.
- Develop and implement a strategic approach to advancing New Virginia Majority’s public policy agenda.
- Work closely with policy team (Policy Director and Policy Research Analyst) to remain aware of local and state policy priorities and provide strategic advice on opportunities for advancement.
- Monitor legislative developments for key committees and relevant administrative actions.
- Oversee communications and advocacy with elected officials on New Virginia Majority’s public policy agenda.
- Act as spokesperson and representative for New Virginia Majority on policy matters with elected officials, their staff, and administrative agencies.
- Coordinate with key strategic partners to advance shared interests.
- 3-5 years of policy experience
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Flexibility, adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills in person, in writing and by telephone and by email, demonstrating professionalism, courtesy, and respect to a variety of audiences.
- Completes assignments in a timely manner, and appropriately evaluates own progress toward completion of work goals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team (including with remote staff).
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and information when requested.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This position is full-time is based in either our Richmond or Alexandria office. Salary range is $50,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience. New Virginia Majority provides excellent benefits, including health, vision, and dental and monthly phone and transportation allowances.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume, 3 writing samples, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with the position name and preferred location in the subject header. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants considered for interviews consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.