Event Management Intern
The Intelligence and National Security Alliance (INSA), a nonprofit professional association in Arlington, VA, is seeking an enthusiastic, customer service-minded Event Management Intern. INSA hosts a variety of events year-round, from 600-guest, black-tie dinners and multiday policy conferences to more intimate, member-only gatherings. The Event Management Intern will gain practical work experience supporting INSA’s Events Director in all stages of event planning and execution.This is a part-time, paid hourly position requiring a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week and occasional evening availability. Interns would ideally commit to working for INSA for at least six months.
- Act as liaison to vendors (e.g. caterers, printers), sponsors, venues, and other event partners as appropriate
- Serve as primary point of contact for guest registration and attendee questions
- Manage internal event registration protocols and issue periodic registration reports to staff
- Assist in event budget management by tracking receipt and fulfillment of vendor invoices
- Ensure event signage is prepared properly and delivered on schedule
- Track updates to the INSA event and sponsorship guide and engage internal stakeholders to ensure fulfillment
- Maintain progress reports throughout the planning and execution cycle; prepare post-event summaries
- Support Events Director in providing clear guidance and direction to vendors, partners, and INSA staff before and during events
- General administrative tasks as assigned
Desired experience, skills, and attributes
- Previous event planning experience (paid or unpaid)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable commitment to providing customer service and satisfaction
- Familiarity utilizing Salesforce and/or Cvent platforms
- Highly organized self-starter who can thrive working independently and as part of a team
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in event management, hospitality, or related field
- Experience working in a professional association or similar environment a plus
- Interest in supporting a national security-related organization a plus
Salary is $11 an hour. This is a part-time, paid hourly position requiring a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week and occasional evening availability. Interns would ideally commit to working for INSA for at least six months. INSA is located in Arlington, VA, a few minutes walk from the Ballston Metro (Orange Line). We are a small, friendly and fun office!
Apply by Tuesday, January 22 to email@example.com.