USGBC is the nonprofit organization that created and manages the LEED Rating System, the most widely used green building rating system in the world. USGBC has a vision to transform the built environment and LEED is the primary means for making that vision a reality. LEED provides building owners, operators and tenants with tangible environmental, financial and human health benefits. LEED was developed by USGBC’s community of 10,000 member organizations and it has a very committed and engaged user base, including 88 of the Fortune 100 companies. Many high profile projects have received LEED certification, including the Empire State Building, Taipei 101 and the oldest LEED certified building, a Venetian Gothic palazzo built in Italy in 1453.
USGBC is seeking resourceful, conscientious and driven candidate to develop a SWOT analysis of USGBC’s competitive environment. The candidate should provide an unbiased and completely thorough overview of factors that could impact USGBC’s business model. The report should highlight building, community and city rating systems or programs that currently exist, are in-development or could be developed by credible organizations. The programs should be researched to identify their credibility, scope, audience segmentation and market penetration. The candidate should have a solid grasp of the components of an effective SWOT analysis and the ability to distill and present information in a logical, relevant and impactful manner. The results must be conveyed in a formal write-up that can be presented to an executive audience. We are looking for a candidate that is high-performing, self-motivated and intellectually curious.
This is a paid internship for 32-40 hours a week and will last approximately 10-12 weeks. The intern must be available to work in USGBC’s Washington, DC office.
INTERNSHIP TASKS TO INCLUDE
- Analysis of USGBC’s competitive environment
- Review of multiple green rating systems both current and in development
- Analysis of the socioeconomic impact of competing rating systems
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate (Junior or Senior) or graduate program of study
- Major or specialization in environmental studies, sustainability education, environmental sciences, building sciences disciplines or other related fields.
- Knowledge of green building or sustainability
- Green building background, interest, or experience
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- LEED Green Associate preferred
- Passion for green building and sustainability topics
- Interest in sharing knowledge with others while growing their own knowledge
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Commitment to USGBC’s mission of transforming the way buildings and communities are designed, built and operated, enabling an environmentally and socially responsible, healthy, and prosperous environment that improves the quality of life
- Desire for continued learning
To apply: Please email email@example.com or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.