The Chris Atwood Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Northern Virginia working to save lives from opioid overdose, provide recovery support to individuals and families affected by addiction, and educate the community about this treatable and preventable brain disorder. We do this in memory of Chris Atwood, who lost his life to a heroin overdose at the young age of 21.
The CAF seeks a spring 2019 semester intern to assist with communications for our growing nonprofit. This position is located in Reston with the possibility of some local travel. Candidate must be able to commit to a minimum of 8 hours per week for 3 months.
- Draft social media posts
- Design flyers and social media/website graphics
- Assist in website maintenance
- Help prepare fall/winter fundraising campaigns, solicitations, and donor communications through direct mail and email outreach
- Create content for newsletters
- Update blog / current events section of website
- Assist with Opioid Overdose Reversal Trainings
- Strong eye for design
- Exceptional writing skills with a specialty in writing for web
- Ability to learn and use appropriate language about the disease of addiction
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter
- Proficient in Google docs, sheets, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
- Knowledge of mental health/addiction or similar issues preferred, but not required
- Experience with web development using Wix a plus
- Experience using Canva graphic design platform preferred
Free coffee, easy and free parking, occasional free lunches, awesome bosses, and the chance to make a difference in the world.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com