The National Family Planning & Reproductive Health Association (NFPRHA) is seeking candidates for an advocacy & communications internship for the summer 2019 term. This intern will be integral to carrying out a wide range of policy and communications projects related to publicly funded family planning.
NFPRHA staff rely on interns to make substantive and supportive contributions to our work. The Advocacy & Communications Intern will support staff with key responsibilities over the course of the semester including, but not limited to, the following:
- Monitor and track relevant social media and legislation;
- Draft social media posts;
- Attend congressional briefings, coalition meetings, other public events on behalf of staff;
- Track relevant federal, state, and local news coverage;
- Compile and format semiweekly NFPRHA newsletter;
- Update NFPRHA’s website;
- Research and update NFPRHA fact sheets;
- Update and maintain congressional staff and reporter lists; and
- Complete basic data analysis projects.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Steadfast commitment to NFPRHA's mission.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Capacity to accept feedback and adjust as needed.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to adjust strategies in real time.
- Ability to work collaboratively and on projects with multiple supervisors.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Comfort working with computer software and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic HTML knowledge or an interest in learning.
- Ability and desire to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
Note: this position may be adapted for people at different skill levels, and you do not need to be currently enrolled in school to apply.
NFPRHA interns are paid hourly, and overtime eligible. Interns receive three, paid sick days. Interns receive pay for holidays when they are normally scheduled to work.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Illysa Schrager at email@example.com; please include “Advocacy & Communications Internship” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. No phone calls.