Director of Communications
The Director of Communications will develop, lead and implement an integrated communications strategy to consistently advance Shared Hope International’s mission and development strategies. Shared Hope International is a dynamic workplace requiring a passionate, dedicated team member with a great sense of humor and ability to manage changing priorities, prioritize demanding, multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision. The successful applicant will come in with creative and innovative ideas, ready to absorb the history and future strategy of the organization, brainstorm with the team, assess and leverage existing resources and momentum, and be results-oriented.
Strategy and Creative Leadership:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan in coordination with the organization’s leadership and the development and fundraising team.
- In collaboration with team leaders, develop messaging for educational and marketing purposes online and in electronic and print format.
- Lead the development of online content, including e-mails, digital advertising and social media content.
- Lead website design projects.
- Identify, coordinate and manage a team of contractors and vendors to accomplish publishing, graphic design, website development, social media, e-mail marketing, and digital ad platforms.
- Coordinate website content.
- Manage and monitor social media assets including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Vimeo, and Instagram.
- Monitor and evaluate Shared Hope’s online presence via Google Analytics, Facebook Insights.
- Implement Google AdWords campaigns and Facebook digital advertising.
- Lead creative content development and implementation of digital campaigns on Phone 2 Action platform.
- Serve as media liaison, managing pitch calls, press releases and conferences, media monitoring, reporter relationships, leads and long-lead pitching.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing/advertising, public relations or related field.
- 6+ years of professional experience in the communications field, with at least 2+ years leading an integrated communications strategy, preferably for a non-profit organization or cause-related agency.
- Experience and success working with a team, both as leader and supporter.
- Strong verbal & written communicator and effective presenter for internal and external audiences.
- Knowledge of the faith-based community and ability to communicate a Christian message in written and verbal presentations.
- Proven problem-solving skills and capacity to adapt quickly to changing and often challenging environments.
- Graphic design, Meltwater, Pardot, and Phone2Action experience is a plus.
- Flexibility for travel.
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged duration
- Ability to perform repetitive finger, hand, and arm movements
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Talking-giving verbal instructions in close range, and speaking over the phone,
- Able to perform simple math
- Ability to utilize electronic equipment such as computer, 10-key telephone, etc.
- Ability to think critically and provide appropriate solution
Work location: SHI office in Washington, DC.
- SHI is an “At-will” employer. This job description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.
- This description is intended to provide an overview of the responsibilities and duties of the position. It is not all-inclusive. The incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. The responsibilities may change over time.
Salary Scale: DOE, consistent with nonprofit market in the Washington, DC area. 401K employee match available, health insurance benefit with $100 employee contribution, and performance based salary increases.
Qualified candidates should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- A list of three (3) professional references with contact information (Name, phone, and email address)
- A signed/scanned copy of the SHI Statement of Faith
Interviews of all qualified applicants will be in person at the Washington, DC Shared Hope office. Shared Hope cannot pay or reimburse travel costs for interviewees. The desired start date will be as soon as a qualified person is found for this position.