Truth Initiative® is America’s largest non-profit public health organization dedicated to making tobacco use a thing of the past. We speak, seek and spread the truth about tobacco through education, tobacco-control research and policy studies, community activism and engagement, and innovation in tobacco dependence treatment.
WHO YOU ARE:
The Truth Initiative communications team is seeking to hire a highly experienced Senior Writer/Journalist who is creative, strategic and detail-oriented to develop compelling communications on a variety of topics including: tobacco, vaping, opioids and public health affairs for multiple end uses including press releases, speeches, talk points, presentations, quotes/statements, articles, op-eds, and social media platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to develop fresh and interesting content/communications on a regular basis and on deadline. He or she must have a firm grasp of AP style and the ability to write and edit material efficiently while ensuring factual accuracy and clarity of presentation.
The Senior Writer will also work closely with Truth Initiative’s Schroeder Institute to write reports and summaries of original research.
- Concepts, writes and edits a variety of communications and research pieces for Truth Initiative with quick turn time around as directed by the Chief Communications Officer, VP of Communications and Chief Research Officer.
- Supports Managing Editor and Content Manager for Communications on content for the overall editorial strategy as directed/needed
- Supports Senior Research Associate and works closely with researchers to write reports, research summaries, shape messaging, and communicate insights to audiences as directed/needed
- Excellent writing skills
- Minimum 3-5 years experience writing and/or editing in a digital newsroom
- Passion for news and storytelling and a proactive approach to pitching and executing articles, communications
- An ability to find the narrative in research and communicate it to audiences
- Close attention to detail – an ability to write clean, clear copy on deadline
- Tobacco, opioid, vaping, public health knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications
- Familiarity with peer-reviewed publications and/or science writing preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience with EXCELLENT benefits.
Click here for more information and to apply online.