Director of Development
The International Spy Museum (SPY) is seeking a Director of Development that will be responsible for their comprehensive fundraising program.
Candidate overall Responsibilities includes all strategic and tactical elements of the Spy Development Plan along with the creation and fostering of exceptional relationships with the Spy Museum community and oversees fundraising activities. Candidate will work closely with Executive Vice President of Development, Executive Director, President, Controller and the Board of Directors on fundraising projects. This position is regarded as part of the senior leadership team and as such, collaborates with other department leaders to best serve the needs of the institution.
- Manages and increases a database of potential donors within the museum’s CRM system
- Plans and coordinates all fundraising programs and activities for the organization
- Manages pipelines and effectively forecasts results accordingly
- Helps to cultivate relationships and collaboration with the Board of Directors and Board of Advisors
- Oversees corporate/foundation and individual donor relations
- Works with a grant writer and manages grant -related and reporting
- Creates an annual fundraising strategic plan and calendar
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten or more years of related professional experience.
- Outstanding candidates will have a proven track record of success in creating opportunities from high end donors and corporations.
- They will have demonstrated ability to effectively build, lead, and motivate a successful development program in concert with the museum’s mission.
- This position requires extensive networking and socializing including night and occasional week-end activities.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, and develops thought-provoking and innovative approaches and ideas.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities, leads and directs staff and their assigned tasks and develops realistic action plans.
- Oral/Written Communication: Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication. Candidate is persuasive, constructive and professional in doing so.
- Leadership: Balances team and individual responsibilities and places success of team above own interests, able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- People: Genuinely likes people, is warm and friendly and professional in manner and appearance.
Submit a detailed cover letter, copy of your current resume and references to Dcole@spymuseum.org Please include Director of Development in the subject line.