The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is seeking a Research Manager to provide information, analysis and support to state-based advocates on various tobacco control policy campaigns. This person will serve as the primary point of contact between field staff and the organization’s research teams, respond to requests for information, and draft advocacy materials, including short reports, factsheets and talking points. Candidates should have strong writing and communication skills, as well as a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide information, analysis and support to state-based advocates on various tobacco control policies and issues relevant to the advocacy efforts of the Campaign.
- Develop in-depth knowledge on key tobacco control issues related to e-cigarettes, flavored tobacco products and tobacco industry accountability, among other issues.
- Develop command of information resources of the Campaign and respond to inquiries from staff, partners, media, and the public for information.
- Draft, edit and disseminate high-quality research and advocacy materials that communicate the need for policy change to policy makers, the media, and the public.
- Participate as member of state/local campaign teams to provide assistance to local partners in incorporating research into policy change campaigns.
- Clear understanding of how research supports policy and media advocacy
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to synthesize information
- Ability to distill complex information into compelling messages
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, both written and orally
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems creatively and work independently
- At least 3-5 years in a similar role or organization; issue advocacy or political campaign experience a plus
- Knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Support other Campaign work to implement effective tobacco control policies.
- Perform other duties as directed by Vice President, Research.
This position is located in Washington D.C. and reports to the Vice President, Research.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary history to: email@example.com. Please include position code: RM: 07 and your last name in the subject line of your email. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.