Senior Communications Manager
N Street Village is a community of empowerment and recovery for homeless and low-income women in Washington, D.C. With comprehensive services addressing both emergency and long-term needs, N Street Village helps women achieve stability and make meaningful gains in their housing, income, employment, mental health, physical health, and addiction recovery. N Street Village also provides affordable rental housing for low and moderate-income individuals and families. The Village raises over 40% of its budget through private sources and is positioned for growth. Please visit our website for more information at: www.nstreetvillage.org
As part of the Development department, the Senior Communications Manager will develop and execute the organization’s communications and branding strategy to align with the organization’s fundraising efforts. The Senior Communications Manager reports to the Associate Director of Donor Relations and Engagement and works closely with the Chief Development Officer as well as other members of the Development department, program staff, and senior team. This is a full-time, exempt, position with a regular onsite schedule and periodic evening and weekend hours.
- Develop, implement, and measure outcomes of Annual Communications Plan that aligns with Development Department goals
- Create opportunities to creatively share the mission of the organization and day-to-day impact of donors/volunteers through client stories, video, visuals, social media, etc.
- Create and maintain the Development Communications Calendar to ensure that upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, media features, fundraising campaigns, and programs are strategically included across communications channels and equip staff with opportunities for intersection/collaboration.
- Design, develop, and write print materials for various activities and campaigns including annual reports, newsletters, direct mail, event collateral, and media outreach.
- Maintain and develop website and blog ensuring fresh content regularly by writing and/or coordinating submissions from others.
- Manage all aspects of the online and direct mail fundraising campaigns with the Associate Director of Donor Relations and Engagement
- Oversee and maintain social media platforms ensuring fresh content 5-7 times per week; measure, track, and coordinate social paid media approach with team members.
- Develop and conduct media outreach efforts; Respond and coordinate media inquiries in a timely manner.
- Manage communication vendors and consultant relationships
- Create and implement the Village’s advocacy featured communications
- Hire, supervise, and manage work plan for the Communications Intern.
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and a minimum of five years’ experience developing and implementing communications and marketing plans.
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills for across various communication channels (i.e. direct mail, social and web).
- Superior project and interpersonal management skills; ability to own and execute tasks and deadlines across multiple projects, team members, and departments.
- Proven experience updating blog and/or website content on a WordPress platform.
- Experience managing fundraising campaigns from design to completion. Experience with Raiser’s Edge/Blackbaud fundraising a plus.
- Familiarity and comfort working with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign.
- Prior experience managing social media platforms for an organization or company, or success as an individual “influencer,” with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Experience with photography and video creation and editing – great dance moves a plus.
- Values commensurate with a community committed to providing inclusive services to women without regard to race, age, religion, physical or mental ability, or sexual orientation.
Please provide a sample fundraising/communication piece when applying for this position. It is also required that you submit a cover letter along with your resume.