Digital Media Associate
The Food Research & Action Center (FRAC), a nonprofit public policy, research, and advocacy organization that works to end hunger in the U.S., is seeking a Digital Media Associate. The successful candidate has experience: in developing and executing aggressive social media campaigns and developing engaging and shareable content for a variety of audiences and platforms. The Digital Media Associate reports to the Director of Communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications Department is responsible for promoting FRAC's mission, its brand and its programs through the media, publications, events, and digital communications. This position will be responsible for initiating and implementing social media strategies and content development and execution across a range of platforms. The Digital Media Associate will:
- Create high-impact, rich and shareable digital content to inform, engage and mobilize target audiences around priority research and advocacy efforts, key moments and timely initiatives, such as report releases, events, and media and advocacy campaigns. This includes, but is not limited to, sample social media, graphics, video, animations, and exploring virtual and/or augmented reality.
- Develop strategies for promoting and sharing digital content via social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) to engage and mobilize target audiences
- Manage the day-to-day execution of social media to ensure FRAC’s brand, mission and initiatives are put forth in a timely, relevant, and positive way.
- Manage and produce digital events using Facebook Live, Webex, and Twitter chats.
- Build and strengthen relationships with influencers, including bloggers and other partners active on social media.
- Report monthly and yearly on social media metrics.
- Significantly increase FRAC’s social media followers and digital media engagement.
- Coordinate with internal department stakeholders to ensure social media activities help support various FRAC initiatives.
- Proactively seek to understand social media platforms and emerging digital trends, particularly industry best practices and ways that other organizations and companies are harnessing them.
- Work both independently and with staff to conceptualize ideas for consistent blog content on FRAC Chat. Coordinate the editing and publishing process for each blog.
- Assist with the production of digital media content and outreach strategies for FRAC’s initiatives D.C. Hunger Solutions and Maryland Hunger Solutions.
- Other digital media projects as assigned by the Communications Director.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-2 years experience in executing social media campaigns and strategies across multiple platforms, preferably for a nonprofit organization, media organization, or public relations firm.
- Experience creating compelling content to expand social media footprint, including using tools such as Canva, Animoto, and a DSLR camera.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what social media audiences consume and how to create it.
- An eye for design.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff across the organization.
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changes as part of the review and feedback process.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and complete projects accurately and quickly.
- Track record of increasing social media followers.
- Commitment to social justice preferred.
Send resume, cover letter, writing samples (no more than 5 pages) and sample social media posts to:
Digital Media Associate
Food Research & Action Center
1200 18th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington, DC 20036
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include “Digital Media Associate” in subject line.)