Government Relations Specialist
Boeing is seeking an Entry Level Government Relations Specialist to join our Federal Affairs team in Arlington, VA. This team contributes to public policy development for the Company and is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and engaged professional to serve as a valuable contributor toward our legislative and regulatory goals.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Draft reports, presentations, read-ahead documents and memos supporting meetings and events for senior leaders at The Boeing Company
- Track legislation, regulations, news releases and public policy issues
- Monitor Congressional hearings, policy discussions and other events
- Conduct research including compiling biographical information
- Make deliveries of key documents to Capitol Hill and Agency offices
- Support critical operations activities for the Federal Affairs Vice President, Chief of Staff, and team of Federal lobbyists
- Assist with visits by elected officials and staff
The selected successful candidates will have a passion for working with others and an enthusiasm for the aviation industry.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 2+ years' experience multi-tasking and working in a team environment
- Experience in Politics, Campaigns, Public affairs and/or issue advocacy
- Fluent in both written verbal English
- 2+ years' experience in government relations or a related field
- 1+ years' experience developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with senior executives, customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners
- Experience in government or government relations, preferably in (but not limited to): Congressional offices, political campaigns, Executive Branch Agencies, an Embassy, or Government Affairs office.
- Strong passion for politics, public policy, political science, or related fields
- Work experience within the government, political organizations, think tanks, or other related roles
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. 4 years' related work experience).