LISC Philadelphia seeks an organized, energetic individual to join our community development team, as a Summer Communications Intern. The Intern will have a meaningful learning experience by developing communications and engagement skills such as writing, researching and event preparation, while gaining experience working with an established national nonprofit organization and the community development field.
The primary function of the Communications Intern will be to ensure our community partners and external stakeholders have the latest information about LISC Philadelphia. The intern will help the Assistant Program Officer of Communications & Resource Development to identify, conceptualize, design and execute campaigns to boost engagement, educate and inform external audiences.
The intern will be expected to work 20 to 25 hours per week through Summer 2020. Start and end dates will be discussed in the interview process.
Learning opportunities and key responsibilities of this internship include:
· Work with your supervisor to establish learning and professional development goals for the internship program.
· Support engaging and dynamic social media content across external channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) including videos and/or infographics.
· Assist in the creation of monthly e-newsletters, gathering program related data, creating infographics, drafting content, creating graphics, uploading photos etc.
· As needed, act as a liaison between LISC and photographers, graphic designers, and external content creators.
· Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos and press releases on social media and traditional news outlets.
· Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability.
· Support Communications & Resource Development team at external community events.
· Participate in 3 professional development sessions.
By completion of the internship program, the Intern should leave with a robust portfolio of materials that span writing samples, digital publications, media placements, and social media content and reports.
· Must be actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program majoring in: Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field.
· Must obtain authorization from your college or university to support this internship.
· Interests in inclusive community development and asset framing/strength based communications, strongly preferred.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite.
· Experience in Canva, Hootsuite, Adobe, Photo Illustrator and Mailchimp.
· Excellent writing/communication skills with proficient understanding of style guides.
· Knowledge of media relations, such as pitching, story framing, and building media lists.
· Interest in learning digital communications including social media management, email marketing, and simple image and HTML editing.
Compensation: $16 per hour.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to Anna Stormer, Assistant Program Officer, info-phila @lisc.org, no later than Feb. 1, 2020. Please include “Summer Internship” in the subject line of your email. Please, no telephone calls or unsolicited inquiries.
While we thank all applicants for applying, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interns will not be promised continued employment at the end of the internship.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION