@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
ICF is hiring a Communications Associate, Energy with a focus on the energy industry.
As a Communications Associate, Energy you will:
- Work with the senior members of the client team to execute communications strategies that shape how energy programs connect to key stakeholders, including industry, Federal agency partners, academia, and the general public
- Develop high-impact communications products (e.g., articles, presentations, website content, image library, documents, blog postings, infographics, images, etc.) for several divisions within an integral Department of Energy office
- Coordinate with senior government officials, subject matter experts, technical experts, and industry thought leaders on energy communications materials
- Employ the full range of communications tools including digital, social, visual, presentations, and written remarks
- Proactively drive projects from concept to completion, working closely with the client and client team
Qualifications for the Communications Associate, Energy include:
- 2 or more years of experience in communications and marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience in the energy market (e.g. government agency, utilities, associations, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience delivering communications materials to explain and describe complex, research, scientific, or engineering concepts
- Public relations or ad agency experience; or experience working within a communications department of an organization
- Ability to listen and communicate in a clear and compelling way in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to manage multiple clients and competing deadlines
- Ability to give and receive positive and negative feedback to/from junior employees, creative team members, client service account leads and clients
- Ability to foster creativity and turn insights and conversations into ideas
- Positive, proactive and can-do attitude