Communications Content Specialist
The Corporate Communications Team of China Telecom (Americas) is looking for a Communications Content Specialist with strong experience in Writing and Media Relations.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to join a truly diverse and energetic global organization. As a part of one of the world's largest telecom companies, we empower people and businesses everywhere to take full advantage of a connected world, facilitating global collaboration in innovation, education, healthcare, commerce, manufacturing, finance, entertainment and much more.
Our Corporate Communications Team deals with some of the most complex communications challenges facing global companies, from building relationships with diverse stakeholders to navigating the international media landscape. If you are the kind of person who stays cool under pressure, thinks fast on your feet, hates being too comfortable, always happy to talk to strangers, and excel at changing people's minds (and behaviors) with clear and spellbinding stories, then we want you to join our team.
The Communications Content Specialist plays a crucial role in our communications team. They are the "chief writer and researcher" of the team. From press releases and newsletter to ad copies and speeches, the ideal candidate must be able to handle various communications styles, producing clear, concise, credible and compelling messages on a myriad of technology and policy matters.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Create content for internal and external audiences, including press releases, op-eds, comments, talking points, blogs, newsletters, ad copies, infographics, annual reports, video scripts and event materials.
- Lead all research projects that will help the Communications Team craft better messages. Research areas include internal information gathering, industry trends, public discourse on telecom policies, international business and international relations.
- Maintain and update libraries of holding statements and talking points.
- Help manage and grow CTA's online community by monitoring and posting on a variety of social media platforms.
- Help the Communications Team monitor and analyze CTA mentions in the media; regularly compile media reports to share with key stakeholders inside CTA.
- Keep track of newsworthy events and activities occurring in all parts of our organization and our communities in order to generate timely opportunities to promote CTA's corporate image.
- Contribute to media relations effort, including maintaining influencer database, scheduling meetings and briefings, and pitching stories.
- Be a key part of the general effort to promote CTA's public image and industry reputation, including occasionally support internal communication, marketing communication, CSR and corporate relations initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications, International Relations, Political Science or similar disciplines, required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional writing, communications, or journalism experience.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- High proficiency with popular social media platforms and news monitoring services.
- Issue expertise in international telecom, cyber security and US-China relations are strongly preferred.
- Strong familiarity with the US and International media landscape.
- Possess high levels of integrity, empathy, and ethical standards.
- Ability to take initiatives, proactively add value, and work without supervision.
- Ability to function under time constraints and stress; maintain high levels of readiness to respond to breaking news and emergences.
- Ability to learn, grow and be self-critical.
- Ability to work effectively in informal and formal teams with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with public relations tools such as Meltwater, CISION and Muck Rack is a plus.
- Creative skills (Adobe CC and Final Cut) are a plus.
- Native level mastery of English.
- Chinese, Spanish, or Portuguese language skills are a plus.