Digital & Social Media Manager
Health Affairs is seeking an expert social and digital media professional with 5+ years of experience working in a health-related setting. This is a new position created to support the Director of Digital Strategy in implementing a multi-year initiative in broadening Health Affairs’ reach and impact by creating new types of content and increasing the ways it engages with its audience.
The Digital & Social Media Manager is responsible for managing the social media portfolio with a following of over 150,000 users. The position requires a deep understanding of what resonates with a diverse health policy audience and what motivates users to engage with content. Serving as the first line of digital communications, the Manager is responsible for content creation, campaign management, and maintenance of Health Affairs’ social channels and communities.
- Create a master implementation plan for all social media channels – which currently includes Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube – to ensure digital platforms are regularly refreshed
- Work across departments to align content with various priorities for marketing, communications, business development and new product strategies
- Full responsibility of content creation, day-to-day management and maintenance of Health Affairs’ social channels and communities
- Coordinate review and approval of all content prior to publication (approval process varies by platform and content type)
- Respond to all mentions and comments in a timely manner, ensuring the interaction is in line with Health Affairs’ guidelines
- Help create and execute campaigns that grow the Health Affairs audience, drive subscriptions, increase engagement, and launch new products
- Lead on campaign creation, targeting recommendations, set up, monitoring and optimization of paid social activity, focusing on engagement and increasing conversions
- Measure, track, and report on the effectiveness of digital campaigns
- Create social media toolkits for partners, attendees and employees for use during live events
- Work with external partners to amplify Health Affairs’ message on their respective social media channels
- Attend and publish content for live events, such as Health Affairs Briefings, to improve attendance and engagement online
- Additional social media responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, digital PR/Communications OR Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field with relevant digital PR / Communications experience
- 5+ years’ professional experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in a health-related or policy-related setting
- Highly proficient in using a standard social media management tool, such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite
- Knowledge of different specifications and format requirements for social media platforms
- Proven ability to create a suite of assets using a design tool such as Canva or Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven experience in results-driven campaigns, such as increasing brand awareness, engagement and/or conversions
- Demonstrated experience launching and optimizing paid social campaigns
- Comfortable using a variety of tech tools and eagerness to learn new tools as they are introduced to the organization
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize appropriately, and maintain adherence to demanding deadlines
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Master’s degree, preferably in Health Policy, Public Health, Marketing, digital PR/Communications
- Experience working in a high volume digital sales environment
- Facebook Ads Manager Certification
- Google Analytics Certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate in verbal and written form.
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.