General Assignment Reporter
ABC7-DC is looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter to help us continue to grow and empower our audiences! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box on TV and our digital platforms. The ideal candidate should be able to develop contacts, pitch impactful enterprise “On Your Side” brand stories. Only the strongest of storytellers with great attitudes should apply. The best person for this job has an excellent understanding of the use of social media and breaking stories on digital first.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Creating, writing and editing meaningful stories for station’s newscast and website
- Must be fully invested in social media audience engagement
- Dynamic live reporting skills
- Connecting with local community members
- Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
- Working closely with all members of the news team, which would include Managers, Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc...
Additionally, this person should have a…
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
- Great understanding of our “On Your Side” brand in storytelling
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
- At least 5 years of experience as a Reporter
- Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!