The Communications Assistant will work across a fast-paced communications team to design, execute, and track a range of communications products - including daily news clips, fact sheets and communications material, social media content, event invitations, website content, and contacts database. The Assistant will also support the execution of regional and national events (currently held virtually) with the design and distribution of marketing material. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with outstanding attention to detail who is willing to learn new content management programs and able to multitask.
- Content support – Help draft, design, and edit communications copy and material, including reports and presentations, social media, and web content
- Event marketing – Design and execute marketing content, including invitations and fliers; manage built lists and contacts databases; and utilize metrics to optimize audience building
- Team tracking – Manage team’s digital metrics and media exposure, maintain media and external communications contacts lists, and support internal editorial calendar and strategic communications planning
- Helping to implement internal and external communications strategies and projects.
- Supporting design of communications and marketing content, including event invitations and fliers
- The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of media and communications experience in a Congressional office, nonprofit organization, campaign, trade association, or similar environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative
- Proficiency in office management software and design software such as Photoshop and InDesign
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to multitask
- Great interpersonal skills
- Above average knowledge of various social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
Please email cover letter, resume and two recent writing samples to email@example.com. Please reference “Communications Assistant” in the email subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.