Social Media Analyst
As a member of the Customer Experience Social Media team, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for executing on social media strategies in alignment with departmental and overall organizational goals. He/She will serve as subject matter expert and partner on social content planning across multiple platforms, with a creative approach to effective messaging across each platform. This role seeks to improve the performance and relevancy of these channels through continuous optimization, working closely with marketing and corporate communication stakeholders to ensure alignment of messaging and priorities. This role serves as a team member in transforming the overall Customer Experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Serves as the voice of Washington Gas across all relevant social media platforms
- Monitor existing WGL social media channels (Facebook, Twitter) and manage customer interactions to resolution.
- Partners with Marketing, Corporate Communications and other key stakeholders to ensure accurate and consistent brand and messaging.
- Identify emerging social and customer experience trends, tactics and platforms, pushing forward a perspective on how they can be leveraged to contribute to the achievement of organizational and departmental goals.
- Provide top-notch community management duties across all platforms including engaging with comments, tagged photos, direct messages, etc.
- Track and measure social KPIs and optimize strategy based off data.
- Provide input and execute on the Customer Experience Social Strategy
- Collaborates with Corporate Communication and Marketing staff to maintain a consistent WGL brand voice and messaging
- Provides input into improve overall content strategy for social media, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter, as it relates to Customer Experience
- Proactively lead social media content planning initiatives for Customer Experience, including social channel prioritization, social asset recommendations (images, video, stop motion, etc.), copy and messaging development, and management of external agencies/social design resources
- Plan, publish, monitor, strengthen and maintain presence on Washington Gas key social media channels, seek and lead new opportunities for platform growth and expansion into relevant channels
- Work with data an analytics teams to compile and share insights around channel engagement, audience growth, content reach/impressions and referrals; Monitor effectiveness of content and creative/campaigns
- Provide social media POVs, presentations, summaries, reports, and graphics to internal clients
- Provide recommendations on appropriate online CX advertising opportunities and manage the CX social media advertising campaigns
- Monitor the social media landscape for and report on relevant mentions
- Support CX leadership with their social media efforts, including supporting the developments of content for the Vice President of Customer Experience, CX Director and CX Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled