Founded in 1956 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Sister Cities International (SCI) is a leading nonprofit membership organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. that is dedicated to connecting communities and empowering partnerships worldwide.
This is a unique opportunity for an energetic and creative communications professional to join a globally minded organization in the role of Manager of Communications. This person will be based in Washington, DC and will work with leadership to develop and implement a dynamic marketing and communications plan for a growing organization with a powerful mission and strong brand.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, creative, astute and able to manage multiple projects. They will lead and create internal and external communication activities including website management, content creation, event marketing, and traditional media relations. They will tap into our vast global network to build our growing digital and social media influence across multiple platforms.
- 5 years of related marketing and communications experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in communications or related field
- Demonstrated successful execution of marketing and communications plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work with a diverse staff, external partners and stakeholders in a pleasant and professional manner
- Excellent analytical, writing, and editing skills with strong understanding of English grammar
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher); WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and Google Analytics
- Experience managing Social Media content and utilizing on-line tools
- Positive attitude and ability to perform well under pressure while remaining calm and pleasant
- Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- Fluency in a foreign language a plus, but not required.
- Develop and implement SCI’s annual communications plan
- Ensure all messaging aligns with SCI’s mission and values
- Manage and develop content for website and social media accounts
- Develop and manage production of newsletters, annual reports, impact reports, blog posts, etc.
- Produce press releases, press kits and manage media relations
- Work with staff to develop communications needs for programming and membership services
- Create and Review PowerPoint presentations
- Work with CEO to create speeches, remarks and special contributing articles and editorials
- Assist with various special projects as requested
- May require occasional work on weekends and evenings
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title referenced in the subject line. SCI is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from a diverse background.
No phone call please. Please note, due to high interest in open positions at SCI, only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will receive responses from SCI.
Tell the employer you found this job at OPAJOBS.COM!