The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) is an independent grant-making agency of the government dedicated to supporting research, education, preservation, and public programs in the humanities.
As a Writer Editor you will:
- Develops and implements communications strategies and messaging for the agency.
- Serves as a resource on these policies and practices to writers, editors, and other NEH staff members who contribute content for the agency's websites.
- Manages projects from conception to realization and troubleshoots and integrates the work of other specialists into the process.
- Serves as the office's expert on digital approaches to publications and outreach. Stays up-to-date on methodologies used by other publications and looks for ways to incorporate them into the work of the office.
- Oversees the office's social media outreach and looks for innovative ways to showcase the magazine online.
- Ensures that agency publications are high-quality and follow sound editorial guidelines.
- Serves as the senior writer/editor in the Office of Publications and as the office's lead writer.
At the GS- 13 level
Qualified candidates must possess:
1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS- 12 level or equivalent experience.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position, for example: Experience in writing and editing content for publication in an effort to promote organization; generate ideas for articles and publications; skills of journalistic and academic-style research; experience overseeing digital and paper-based publication projects.
As part of the online application process you will need to respond to a series of questions designed to assess your possession of the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and/or competencies:
- Oral Communication
- Planning and Evaluating
Closing Date: 6/22/2021
Tell the employer you found this job at OPAJOBS.COM!