Silver Spring MD
Manna Food Center is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Development Associate at their Silver Spring office.
Job Summary: This position supports the Development Department with the implementation and coordination of community volunteer opportunities. Primary activities for this position will focus on volunteer recruitment, scheduling, coordination, and training, as well as special event planning and implementation. This position will also support data entry, grant writing, and food drive initiatives.
- At Manna, our core values are service, respect and partnership. Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is a top priority that enables us to find excellent teammates and creates an environment where all types of people can belong and thrive.
- Manna is participant-centered and data-driven. Our people do meaningful work in an environment where they feel a genuine sense of community and connectedness to Manna’s mission.
- Manna relies on problem solving and solution creation from all levels.
- Manna provides you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
- Working at Manna is a dynamic experience with the opportunity to take ownership and make a difference.
- Our work is strengthened by the voices of people with lived experience of food insecurity.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- External Community Volunteer Coordination
- Coordinate and schedule Manna Ambassadors for community initiatives, as needed;
- Coordinate functions of event workflow by maintaining event calendar and scheduling of volunteers based on needs;
- Work with partners to secure event dates, manage event software (Signup Genius) for volunteer scheduling;
- Help facilitate training for food drives and farmers markets for volunteers;
- Prepare food drive materials and coordinate distribution of materials;
- Provide support in acknowledgment and recognition post initiatives;
- Flexibility in supporting and working with logistics team and other departments for cross collaborative efforts;
- Represent Manna when needed at Special Community Events such as CFC Campaign Event;
- Help execute tasks associated with major partner food drives;
- Provide leadership in Manna’s role in Kids Helping Kids Food Drive with Montgomery County Public Schools;
- Provide support to individual community food drives by providing information, materials, and being available for questions to community members and staff.
- Management Support
- Prepare basic correspondence: proofreads, edits, revises and formats a variety of documents and materials including funding proposals, forms, reports, creating letters and invitations, and respective mailers;
- Perform data entry of donations into Salesforce database, Ensures the confidentiality of financial information; and general ad hoc support of Database Manager;
- Support a comprehensive action plan and timeline to attain implementation, fundraising and attendance goals related to Heroes Against Hunger Awards Reception (Spring Event) and play a role in volunteer committee coordination;
- Manage event RSVP database, reconciling online and offline RSVP’s, preparing registration reports and event nametags;
- Help coordinate with caterer, vendors, staff, and stakeholders;
- Manage onsite event set-up, registration, and logistics;
- Assist with event fundraising support, including sponsor and in-kind donor recognition, printed materials and event collateral;
- Provide support in acknowledgment and recognition post event.
- Other Responsibilities
- Maintain primary Manna email account by triage and responding to needs appropriately and timely;
- Assist with other functions and administrative tasks as required;
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Collaboration skills
- Credibility/personal effectiveness
- Flexibility and ability to receive direction and learn
- Technical capacity
- Demonstrated stress management/composure
- Ability to occasionally lift objects of 50 pounds
- Exceptional customer service
- 4 year college degree preferred, or years of administrative work experience in non-profit sector
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel and other software
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with Salesforce Database is desired
- Bilingual, Spanish-English, a plus
Tell the employer you found this job at OPAJOBS.COM!