Public Policy Associate
EVgo (NASDAQ: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 800 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 65 metropolitan areas across 34 states and more than 250,000 customers. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
The Public Policy Associate (East) will support EVgo’s policy engagement throughout the East Coast. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker, have strong writing and research skills, experience drafting public comments, and demonstrated experience interacting with a state public utilities commission and/or state agencies. This position is largely regulatory, with additional legislative support as needed, and reports to the Director, Market Development & Public Policy – East.
- Capture written comments and testimony in EV dockets and utility rate case and regulatory proceedings related to EV charging and rate design, as well as clean fuels programs.
- Engage with regulators and government officials and provide verbal public comments on behalf of EVgo in stakeholder meetings and during public workshops.
- Lead bilateral conversations with state agencies, including state DOTs and energy/environmental offices, on best practices for EVSE program design.
- Support development of EVgo’s policy positions and strategy.
- Provide and contribute to shaping thought leadership on policies that will increase transportation electrification.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external coalitions stakeholders, including trade associations, consumer advocates, and NGOs.
- Research and track rate filings, state legislative action, trade press, and other sources for developments in EV charging and position EVgo accordingly.
- Design and create PowerPoint decks and other written materials to support EVgo’s policy engagement.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering, Public Policy, Political Science, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience on issues related to transportation electrification, clean energy, or energy efficiency.
- Experience working at or with utility, state agency, or public service commission.
- Engagement and resolution on policy issues in the East Coast.
- Skillful at navigating regulatory dockets, legislative strategy, and public speaking.
- Strong writing and presentation skills and interest in furthering those in a variety of settings.
- Knowledge of EV charging technologies, interconnection procedures, rate design, and utility ratemaking process.
- Willingness to take initiative, work through obstacles, and drive projects forward.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Technical reading skills to read and interpret utility tariffs, regulations, and technical documentation.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented.
- Ability to synergize cross-functionally.
Tell the employer you found this job at OPAJOBS.COM!